Legendary Tarantino Archives message boards make a comeback
Not many of you will remember the days when the first news on Kill Bill leaked onto the internet. The tiny trailers (because internet was slow back then, you’d select the smallest possible size), the excerpts of the screenplay, the gossip. It was the heyday of the Quentin Tarantino Archives’ own message boards or forum, and it went on to develop into the possibly coolest place for Tarantino fans to hang out at on the entire internet. It grew tremendously over the years, and it became home to many fans, occasional cineastes and newcomers. The Kill Bill movie references guide was born there. So were arguments, disagreements, interpretations of what’s in the briefcase and so much more. Friendships were built, enemies made, knowledge gathered. So much knowledge, that even though the forum subsequently went quiet during the rise of Social Media, that we continued to keep it, as an invaluable resource, a top destination for Google searches, and eventually for a possible comeback. Yes we neglected it, it became technically decrepit, hard to use, users left.
The time for comeback is now. Just as we’ve done with The Spaghetti Western Database’s forums, we just now relaunched our message boards with state of the art software, updated its look and feel of it (matching this site’s new decluttered look as well in case you didn’t notice), cleaned up the mess, made it easy to sign up, made it more securte and we’re starting to send out some emails to invite you to come back and check it out.
Interested in a place full of Tarantino knowledge? A place for debate beyond Facebook’s merciless algorithms of what you see and what you never get to see? Do you wanna be among friends? Be part of a community and part of debates, even Tarantino himself used to read (maybe he will again, if we get this right)? The Quentin Tarantino Archives was born in 1999 (the forums a bit later), I am glad that approaching its 18th birthday, I can announce the re-opening of the completely revamped forums and I invite you to check them out.
Here are just a few new and amazing things the new forums have to offer:
- Fully mobile-friendly: you can browse, search and post from any mobile device. Fast, easy and secure.
- Reply-by-email: reply to discussions you’re subscribed to by directly replying to notification emails.
- Powerful new real-time and advanced search: find every discussion there is ranging back to the good old days. Find it all in a breeze.
- Security: the forums, like this site, now connect through an SSL-encrypted protocol, that means your transmitted email, password, search and other info is transmitted via a secure connection (https) and stays private.
- Speed: Fast loading times, quick browsing, various filters and category views: find what you need, discuss and you’re off. No complicated browsing through pages of threads and subcategories, plus it all loads super fast, scrolls endlessly and remembers where you left off!
- Embed content, like YouTube videos or articles.
- Invite friends, earn badges, see you stats, reward other uses with likes, and much much more.
The internet has changed a lot since we first started, so we’re going with the times and simultaneously keeping it retro. A message board in 2017? Fuck yes. Click here to join us.
P.S.: In 96% of all cases, all your old stuff is saved, and so is your email and password. Should you have trouble logging into your old account, send us an email and we’ll help you out on the same day. If your username doesn’t work, also try your email address instead.
Here are a few screenshots from the Wayback machine to give you an idea of how the forums looked like between 2001 and now: