Who’s a Basterd?
Inglourious Basterds (read 10 facts about the films here) winning big at the Academy Awards is still little over a week away (read here why it will win), but Monsieur Tarantino is making some space on his bookshelf for the little Oscar fella (even though in an interview he says he things Ms Bigelow should win the best director award), I’m very sure. Christoph Waltz has so many awards for his role as Hans Landa already, that he lets his daughter build little houses with it (see video on Letterman). But let me give you a rundown on QT news, I’ve been a bit sloppy lately on updates. I’m starting to think a micro-blog type news page here would be more fitting, but then again, maybe after the Oscars we can go a bit back to normal here at the Tarantino Archives and then I will have some time to beef up PISTOLERO (www.robert-rodriguez.info), our new sister project. So here we go. The Vancouver Sun has a piece up on what QT said on the Directors on Directing panel a few weeks back (read here). The Guardian talks about how Basterds (which also won the NME awards last week) freed Quentin, and that A SOUTHERN might be his next project (read here). Moviefone calls Basterds the Dark Horse at the awards (read here). Quentin was giving away Basterds posters for Haiti relief (read more here).
But that’s really not all, if you have a good hour to spend on YouTube, you can go Tarantino crazy:
- BAFTA’s A Life in Pictures series (watch the video) on Quentin Tarantino, a must-see!
- Here’s a video from the Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds Q&A at the Egyptian some time back, comes in 8 parts!
- An interview on KTLA morning news (video)
- Tarantino was honored at the Critic’s Circle Awards (video and article)
And here are the good, the bad and the ugly news
- A great piece in the LA Times about QT talking about his influences, a must read.
- A really nice piece on cinematographer Robert Richardson and his work (read here)
- Lastly, not sure if this was posted before, but you should really check out Behind The Websites, we’re featured there, CLICK HERE.
- Quentin will be on a panel at the SXSW festival, the full panel lineup has been announced (read)
- And if you’re into burlesque shows, why not check out “Royale With Cheese: A Burlesque Tribute to Pulp Fiction!” tonight (click here for more info).
- Another place to be is this weekend’s 5th Annual Los Angeles – Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest in Hollywood. They will screen Inglourious Basterds, and Inglorious Bastards. Click here for more info.
- The Sundance channel’s “In the House with Peter Bart and Peter Guber,” on March 6, 2010 will feature Quentin Tarantino, make sure to tune in (click here to watch the promo video)!
- Good times over dinner, celebrating Basterds (read)
- If 50 bucks is not too much for you, check out this BluRay import of Pulp Fiction on Amazon.com
- And something funny at the end: Quentin almost destroyed an expensive painting? Well not quite. Read it here.
- I think we already mentioned how Quentin saved the New Bev (read)
- Has Tarantino turned Hollywood insider (read here)? Discuss below! Some even think Tarantino is being turned into a John Wayne (read that here)
- Pulp Fiction: Where are they now? Great little piece, read here.
- Eli Roth is also spreading some nice geeky rumors for us (read here)