[updated] Inglourious December is here!
That’s a bingo! Ladies and gents, the year is coming to an end faster than some poor Nazi that you would put in front of the Bear Jew. It’s December dear readers and as if Inglourious Basterds only came out yesterday, there’s tons of shit to check out. I’ll run through the goodies with you really quick to get to the main topic of today’s discussion, which is the release of that movie on home video at least in some countries.
- First up, when Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino went to Japan, they went on some really crazy cooking show, and you can check out the whole thing on video. Quentin’s been on the show before, which you can also see. Click here to check it out.
- According to MTV (read), Tarantino was offered to direct The Green Lantern (at a very early stage), but according to the interview, that came at the wrong point in his career, and declined.
- The annual Emmy awards will be handed out on January 31st next year, and guess what’s nominated in the category of “Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media”? That’s right, the Inglourious Basterds soundtrack! Time to get it if you don’t own it yet!
- Also on MTV, Quentin talked a bit about Kill Bill Volume 3 and that it might if at all be about a movie away and not be called that. So chill out everyone :) And on that note MTV has another article as well.
- Inglourious Basterds will be screened at the New Beverly theater in LA soon, in a double bill with The Dirty Dozen, and cast and crew will attend! This limited event will be hard to get into, but try this place to win tickets.
- Click here to read a piece by/with Sally Menke on her working relationship with Quentin in The Guardian.
- I can’t believe people still rant on about the spelling in the Basterds script (read here), I mean get a life… move on. Watch the movie :)
- Seems like Eli Roth has something interesting in the pipeline (click here)
Okay so shall we get down to business? There was a DVD release party this week in Hollywood (article) and many of you lucky readers probably already own the DVD or BluRay of Inglourious Basterds. It will be tough for us to give you a good overview of all the different editions available world wide (we’re trying here for DVD and here for BluRay, but we need your help, so email us with info), but depending on where you are, best bet is to get the Special Edition of some sort, and go for the heavily packaged version (check out the limited German one!) if you have more money at your disposal. It is already getting excellent reviews (e.g. here and here) and we’re trying to have at least one available for you to win sometimes the next one to two weeks. And we’ll have a review ready soon as well. It’s christmas time soon so go shopping-crazy using our Amazon links.
- All available editions of Basterds on DVD (overview page)
- All available editions of Basterds on BluRay (overview page)
- the Soundtrack!
- the paperback screenplay!
UPDATES: Here’s a few more things to check out, for example a cool blog post by one of our community members about Basterds on the TCM blogs, a preview of some DVD special features, a lengthy interview with Eli Roth, and and article by his father with a nice group picture from the set .